TurboTax Canada Tax Software
The software programs mentioned here are all NETFILE-certified. To see all NETFILE-certified tax software programs, visit CRA NETFILE-certified Tax Software Page.
Canada Tax Preparation Software
As per CRA requirement, all Canada Tax Software programs are limited to 20 returns maximum.
Intuit TurboTax Canada
- TurboTax is the #1 top selling tax software in Canada and continues to stay in the top sales position every year.
- TurboTax online editions for tax preparation are safe, secure and easy-to-use. Complete your taxes from anywhere with an Internet connection. Then, file online for a fast refund. It's a great choice for Mac and PC users alike!
- Coupled tax return optimized.
- Print real CRA tax form with 2D barcode.
- Real CRA tax forms interface gives you the ability to input T3, T4, T5 and other tax slips into the tax return.
- TaxFreeway is the only software allows user to use Interview and Form mode simultaneously.
- Able to automatically split T3/T5 slips and stock/mutual fund transactions for spousal returns
- Both Windows version and Mac Version are available. You can share, transfer and carry forward data between Windows and Mac.
- It’s got RRSP planner, carry forward feature, spousal return integration, and tax tips on demand.
- The only, totally free Canadian tax software program.
- Supports simple to complex tax scenarios.
- Feel free to support them by donating a few dollars.
- Multiyear tax software program. Buy only once and future annual updates are free.
- Easy Interview Process makes tax preparation a snap. Answer questions related to your topics to complete your tax return.
- Enter tax data on screen that look like your tax slips.
- NB - Only GenuTax has increased their price from $34.99 (last year) to $39.99. TaxFreeWay and MyTaxExpress prices remain the same as last year.
Canada Tax Facts
- General deadline for filing tax returns is April 30, 2010
- Penalties for late filing are 5% of your balance owing, plus 1% of your balance owing for each full month that your return is late, up to a maximum of 12 months.
- NETFILE: Don’t mix up EFILE with NETFILE. EFILE is a service that lets authorized and professional service providers send individual income tax return information to CRA by Internet. Tax professional cannot use NETFILE. They must use EFILE. Therefore, when you submit your own tax return = you use NETFILE and when tax professionals submit your tax return = they use EFILE.